Edit this page to leave a comment. For thread-like discussion, use one or more colons to indent your comments, and please use four tildes ~~~~ to sign your name at the end, like so:
: Spam :: And eggs ~~~~
What still needs to be done in metagui to make it work with more than just tovid?
- Better support for --long options. If these take arguments, they usually are preceded by an =, as in --option=arg1,arg2,arg3
- Better support for -x short options, which often may be combined; that is, instead of -x -y -z, the program may accept -xyz
- If possible, support both short and long in the same Control, i.e. -f|--foobar
- Better (explicit) support for positional arguments. Many programs depend on this.
- Support for backwards flags, like ImageMagick's '+' prefix for disabling things
- Support command-name-based programs, like bzr, svn, apt-get, and tovid itself
Programs to consider using as proof of concepts:
- zip, tar: positional arguments, multiple filenames/directories
- ps: choices that could come from sub-commands (pid, user, tty etc.)