- DVD Technical Notes provides fairly detailed technical information about the DVD standard.
- Ian Pointer's DVD Authoring article explains how to create a DVD slideshow with music and subtitles, using open-source tools.
- The GNU VCDImager Authoring Guide has comprehensive instructions for creating VCDs and SVCDs using VCDImager, as well as thorough documentation of the VCDImager XML file structure.
- The Linux Video Handling Sorta-HOWTO discusses the basics of video capturing and VCD authoring.
- Linux Media has several HOWTOs and scripts for DVD-ripping and disc authoring.
- What is deinterlacing? is a thorough introduction to the concept of interlacing, including comparisons of many deinterlacing methods.
Programs similar to tovidEdit
Several other Linux applications have features and capabilities similar to tovid's:
- DVD Slideshow
- KDE DVD Authoring Wizard
- Linux Video Maker
- Q DVD-Author
Please add any others you know of.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.